Sunday, April 01, 2007

Hollywood on fire



Two days ago when walking on campus I noticed that my shadow was somewhat strange, and the color of the sunlight wierd. Looking up I saw a gigantic dark yellowish cloud in the sky, rising up from the north. Slowly the sun turned red in the middle of the day. It looked like something from a hollywood movie, like doomsday was pending or something. I expected to see people running hysterically in the streets screaming any time (like in the movies), but no. People just went about their things as nothing was more normal. When I got home I checked the news to find that the hollywood hills were in flames, the sign almost burned. Later I also found that the reason why nobody cared was simply because these kind of fires happen every year here in LA.



-Bjarni

1 comment:

Ólafur Jens Sigurðsson said...

Yehh, I hate it when the shadow starts doing strange things and calling on doomsday.

Great pictures by the way, specially the first one.